Friday, February 10, 2012

It's potty training time

I am now potty training Canyon. The other day John went into Canyon's room in the morning and there was a open poopy diaper on the floor with used wipes next to it. John thought that I left it there from the night..... because I do that right??? No. So we decided it was time. It has been about a week and a half, we have had many many accidents including poopies. So to encourage no accidents we have amazing CARS underwear and a potty jar that every time he goes in the potty we put a pom pom in the jar. And when the jar is full we get to take a ride on a train aka Trax. Wish us luck.

Canyon favorite thing to do is push a little cart at the grocery store. I decided to put Bridger in the cart to let him have a ride. Bridger loves it and Canyon LOVES pushing Bridger around. The little old ladies just giggle as we walk on by. I have had numerous people asking how much for the baby. "oh this sweet thing is not for sale"I say.

Every morning I wake up to Canyon knocking on his door telling me he is awake. This is between 5:00-5:30. That is way too early to be awake so I give him a sippy with milk and put him in front of the TV to watch Sesame Street. In one week he was trying to be helpful by helping himself to food. On Monday I woke up to him eating a pumpkin pie. Tuesday he was eating a pear and the juice was every where. Wednesday he poured a half gallon of chocolate milk all over the coffee table and down onto my carpet. And on Friday he wanted bananas. Friday I decided to not get mad and instead take a picture because he is after all trying to allow me to sleep a little longer.

Bridger is just so stinkin cute. I can't even stand it sometimes. He is happy most of the day. He is easy to put down for naps and bed. He loves his baths and bottles. He loves to watch Canyon, he now laughs at Canyon. He climbs over me and give me raspberries on my belly. Oh how I love my boys.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It was so fun to come to your house and visit with you. when I left I thought of all the things that we didn't have time to talk about! Sooo...for sure another play date when I get back!
    And as for those messes that Canyon makes at 5:30 in the morning? I think they are well worth cleaning up in order to get a little bit more sleep. Hopefully that little boy will one day learn the joy of sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete