Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Happy Fathers Day

Bridger is here. He couldn't wait for the doctors to be in town.

So now here is the story. I worked on the the 18th. I was floated to our NICU which made me happy. I took care of one baby rather than the 3 I would have had on my own unit. So I sat for 12 hours holding and rocking a little baby hoping that the braxton hicks I was experiencing would stop. I was schedule to work on Fathers day and I told my charge nurse that I wanted to go back to the NICU and have my same easy squeezy assignment. I was determined that I could stay pregnant until the end of the month. And home I went still having contractions but now they were getting a little more noticeable.

At 8:00 pm they were definitely more the just braxton hicks. They were coming more frequent and more painful. I called my charge nurse and told her I probably wouldn't be coming to work. At this time John is running around packing a bag for himself. I am still in denial that the baby was coming. At 10:30 I stood up and oops I wet my self... so I thought. It just kept coming. At this point there is not denying that Bridger was coming so I called my friend to come spend the night with Canyon and I packed my bag. And off we go the hospital.

11:30 we arrive. They determine that it is in fact my water that has sprung a leak and not my bladder and we are admitted. 1:00 am I decide to get an epidural. At 1:30 am it is in place and I feel good about my decision. At 2:00 am I am dilated to 7 cm. The nurse said she would come check my progress at 3:30. At 3:15 I am so so so ready to push. The nurse says "call the doctor, but he won't make it though." The resident starts to put his gloves on and out comes the head. The nurse held Bridgers head while the resident finished putting his gloves on. On June 19th at 3:17 Bridger was born. 6 pounds 9 ounces and 18 inches long.

Waiting to determine if I was really in labor or not.

Swollen red face. It is amazing how much they change in a matter of hours.
Now we are home and Canyon wanted to hold Bridger and eat at the same time. He was so tender with Bridger. He gave him hugs and tried to give him some of his lunch.


Bridger sleeping in his little bed.
I can't wait for tonight. A friend of mine is going to come and take some great professional photos of our two most amazing little people.

5 comments:

  1. oh what a cute little man. Both of them :) Glad you made it Bridger! Tam, you look amazing. Good luck to all of you and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just knew he was coming!! He is so cute! Sorry you missed your doctors, but it looks like you would have missed your OB anyway. Congratulations Tammy! I'm gonna miss you at work, but when your feeling up to it I'll come visit and Canyon and Max can play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! congrats tam, he is so handsome! you look great :) miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Tammy! So happy for you! Perfect baby, perfect name, perfect story, and perfectly beautiful family! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Tammy! I would love to stop by and see him!

    ReplyDelete