Monday, December 7, 2009

Run on Thanksgiving? Are you crazy?

Any body who knows me knows I really don't love to run. My first race when I was 15 years old I held on to my sisters shirt and cried the whole 10K distance. I was the very last person to cross the finish line. Surprisingly enough I got second place. My second race was the Park City Marathon 8 years ago. I trained for it but still it was not the most enjoyable experience. By mile 18 I started to panic, really panic. At each aide station they would cheer me on and my throat would close up and I thought I was going to die. I told myself I would not run another race. But this thanksgiving I ran a turkey trot 5K. My sis Shani talked me into it. It was actually a great experience. I didn't train or even try to train. I am surprised I finished. I didn't cry, I didn't get dragged, and I wasn't last. Yeah for me. I think this may be a new family tradition.


Now it's time to eat!!!
Cute cousins. Bailey and Canyon.
All the cousins that were at Thanksgiving.
Canyon, Bailey, Cayden, Taylor, Tristan

First Thanksgiving family photo.

6 comments:

  1. Cute family photo on Thanksgiving! Canyon's eyes are so BLUE - and those eyelashes are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last fam photo, you look so pretty. I can't get over how gorgeous Canyon's eyes are woweee! You are such a tough girl to run just months after giving birth...super woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy he is so cute! I was talking to Whit at work and she told me you had a blog so I had to look you up. I have a blog too but it is private. Email me at stephie.peay@gmail.com and leave me your email so I can invite you too it! You look great and your little man is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute!! good job on the race! So I am going to be home for the rest of December, which means I will be right by you!!! I don't know your new phone number though! Call me, I am coming to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're amazing! And Canyon has the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen! I think he and Hannah would be a great match! I miss you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the pictures. What a cute little fam. Way to go on the run!!!

    ReplyDelete