Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bye Bye babies:(

So the story continues. Carl come by yesterday and the momma raccoon was still in the chimney. He put 4 ammonia drenched sponges down and came back today. To his amazment the momma was still there. So he got a chimney sweeper and scared her out and then he extracted the babies.

I can't believe Carl does this for a job. This is baby number one.
Carl wanted to put the babies in a garbage bag. That made me so sad to just throw the babies in a bag so I got a basket to put them in.
We got 4 out and he thought he was done, but he heard a baby crying. So he stuck is hand up and found a 5th baby.
They are so cute. They are like little puppies or kittens. Canyon wanted to hold the babies so bad.
I am sad to know that I assisted in the end of life for theses babies.
They are off to the animal shelter to be euthanized.

3 comments:

  1. My aunt raised a racoon as a pet. she actually found a baby one in her fireplace!! I can't believe you are holding them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, still wouldn't want to hold them! Gross!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crazy racoon story! And it was so fun to be on the pod with you! Hope we are on the same one tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete