Sunday, August 1, 2010

July tidbits and fun

This month has been full of fun. So bare with me and this huge post.

Canyon eating and loving the first cucumber out of my most amazing garden.

Canyon and the Rogers Neighborhood is supporting Megan (my sis-in-law) as she is off to Brazil to serve a mission. Go team BRAZIL!!

He is just plain cute.

My mother in law plans a girls day out every week for all the women and kids in the family. This day we enjoyed the sun and water at the Gateway. Canyon was lovin' the water and the carrot.
Big man on campus!!
After the fun day at the Gateway I was off to girls camp. This is a picture of camp Piuta. Gorgeous huh!

The next time Canyon and I made it to the outings was at the Zoo. Canyon loves sunglasses. I am sure happy that Cat got her glasses back. (This is Cat my sis-in-law). We didn't last long. Canyon had an extremely short attention span and I was getting sick. I got so sick with food poisoning or some nasty virus. My stomach hurt so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight or pick up Canyon. Good thing I have a great sister and she came at got Canyon so I could get better.
24th of July fun in Bountiful. I thought the 24th of July parade in SLC was a big deal. But Bountiful puts that parade to shame. The 24th is a huge thing here. They celebrate the 24th the whole weekend. With parades and pioneer games and fireworks. Canyon enjoyed going on the swings. But first he had to get acquainted with the swing.


Waiting for the ride to begin.

Then we were off to Jackson Hole for a family vacation with my fam. Canyon was such a trooper. He certainly doesn't like the 5 hour car ride. He did manage to get a 20 minute nap.
Good moring in Jackson. He sure got a lot of love and attention.
(Aurelia, Canyon, and Shani)

Me and Canyon on Jenny lake. I was so surprised that Canyon didn't try to jump out of the kayak. He really loved it but the life jacket was too big and that bugged him enough not to want to paddle around too long.
By this point Canyon really wanted the life jacket off.
Me and my momma

Canyon fell down the stairs in Jackson. There was a couch cushion blocking the stairs and my little muscle man pushed right through it and his face kissed the cushion, as you can see from the sore on his nose. But then he fell right on top of his head and flipped over and slid down a few stairs before I was able to get him. I hated to see him so sad, this is when I wish I had mommy magic power to take away the hurt.

He fell asleep for a total of 30 minutes on the way home. I didn't want to wake him so I let the milk dry on his chin.

Now we are home. Canyon is back in his routine. Thank goodness for routines.

2 comments:

  1. what a fun month! I love Jackson and now I really want to go there after seeing your pics. Looks like you guys had fun. And, as always, Canyon is a stud. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete