Monday, August 16, 2010

No Sugar... WHAT!!!

As of one week ago today I have been sugar free. For the last 15 years of my life my relationship with sugar has been one of obsession and complete indulgence whenever and wherever possible. I do not have a healthy relationship with sugar. Easily half of my caloric intake a day was filled with sugar. I was obsessed with sugar. The second my eyes would open in the morning I wanted sugar.

A friend of mine said she feels so yucky when she eats a lot of sugar. I don't know what my body feels like off of it. So I decided to go sugar free for one month and see if my body likes it. I hope that at the end of the month I no longer will be a sugarholic. My goals for this new menu are...
1: loose as much weight as possible before John and I have another baby.
2: no longer NEED to eat a treat... after every meal, between meals and as a meal.
3: have more energy.

So far I am doing really well. I have not had sugar with the exception of my birthday I ate a piece of cake. I haven't felt a positive difference yet, I am tired and have headaches but soon I will turn the corner and start feeling better, I hope. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Ms Tammy, you are one the most determined people I know you can do this!! I hope all is well I miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! That sounds like a great challenge to take on.

    ReplyDelete